Using shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and almond oil, learn how to make body butter with this simple DIY recipe, free of preservatives or nasties.
Shea butter is packed with vitamin E, which prevents and repairs free radical damage. Cocoa butter retains your skin’s elasticity and prevents and fades stretch marks. Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, and great at holding in moisture. If stored in a cool, dark place, this body butter can last for a year.
- ¼ cup shea butter (raw, unrefined, unbleached)
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 1 vanilla bean pod (or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste)
- 10–20 drops lavender oil
- Optional: Essential oil in your favourite scent
- Place the shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and almond oil in a glass bowl and melt in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for about two hours or until it solidifies.
- Using an electric whisk, whip the mixture for about 10 minutes or until fluffy, while adding the vanilla and lavender oil (and essential oil if you choose to do so).