Packed with protein and fibre, and low in fat, this one-pot quick and easy dinner that will have your children asking for more.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ cups carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups risoni
- 1 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- In a pot, sauté onion and carrots in olive oil for 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add salt, oregano, fresh thyme and stir, then add risoni. Stir and cook on low heat for five minutes.
- Add chickpeas and vegetable stock, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving, with a wedge of lemon.