Simply add potatoes and seasoning and wait for the magic to unleash. By special guest chef, our show’s panellist Shona.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 500g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 tsp panch phoran
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1–2 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: ½ tsp chilli (flaked, powder or fresh)
- Par boil potatoes in a saucepan of salted water. Set aside.
- In a heavy fry pan, add oil and panch phoran. When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the onion and fry, stirring until soft.
- Add chopped herbs, turmeric, salt and chilli, if using.
- Add potatoes, stirring well, sprinkling pan with hot water and shaking pan occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking. Cook until potatoes are warm through.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and lemon juice.