Learn how to make a vegan omelette using besan flour instead of eggs 🥚
This delicious eggless omelette recipe is an easy healthy breakfast for the entire family. Besan flour, also known as chickpea flour, has been used in different types of Indian omelette recipes for centuries. Cook this simple vegan chickpea omelette with Gia and Olive and let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- 2/³ cup water
- ¼ bunch dill, chopped
- ¼ bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Sauté mushrooms in a non-stick pan.
- Add chickpea flour and water to a bowl and mix until smooth. Stir in herbs, shallots, mushrooms and salt.
- Heat a non-stick pan over high heat. Spoon in one-third of the batter, carefully tilting the pan around to spread it evenly and cook for 2 minutes. When the surface looks cooked, use a spatula to carefully flip the omelette and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with yoghurt and hot or sweet chilli sauce.