Store-bought granola bars can sometimes be packed full of refined sugar. Here's how to make your own naturally-sweetened ones.
Prep & Freezing Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup packed medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Line a 20 x 20-cm baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- Process dates and honey in a food processor until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, pepitas and dried cranberries.
- Add date paste to oat mixture and mix using your hands until well combined. Scoop mixture into the baking dish and firmly press to form an even layer.
- Freeze for 20 minutes or until firm, then remove and slice into bars.