Shea butter is packed with vitamin E, which prevents and repairs free radical damage. Cocoa butter retains your skin’s elasticity and prevents and fades stretch marks. Coconut oil is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, and great at holding in moisture. If stored in a cool, dark place, this body butter can last for a year.
- ¼ cup shea butter (raw, unrefined, unbleached)
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 1 vanilla bean pod (or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste)
- 10–20 drops lavender oil
- Optional: Essential oil in your favourite scent
- Place the shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and almond oil in a glass bowl and melt in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for about two hours or until it solidifies.
- Using an electric whisk, whip the mixture for about 10 minutes or until fluffy, while adding the vanilla and lavender oil (and essential oil if you choose to do so).