Magnesium helps improve sleep and relaxes your muscles. Make your own magnesium body butter to not only moisturise your skin and reduce your stress, but give you a good night's sleep too.
- ½ cup magnesium flakes (or Epsom salts)*
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax or soy wax
- 3 tbsp shea butter
- Dissolve magnesium flakes in boiling water, creating a thick liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Double-boil coconut oil, wax and shea butter until melted. Allow to cool to room temperature and mixture looks slightly opaque.
- Using a hand blender, blend on medium speed.
- Slowly (a drop at a time) add the dissolved magnesium mixture, while continuing to blend.
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes, then blend to get the consistency of body butter.
- Store in fridge for best consistency (and to use as a cooling lotion) or at room temperature for up to two months.
* Magnesium flakes aid better in muscle relaxation and recovery than Epsom salts.