Learn how to make natural dishwashing liquid at home using this safe and gentle all natural dish soap recipe that won't leave your hands dry or irritated.
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp washing soda
- 1 1/3 cup distilled water
- 2/3 cup Sal Suds
- 40 drops lemon or grapefruit essential oil (or in your favourite scent)
- In a small pot, heat water and salt, stirring frequently until everything dissolves. Pour in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat washing soda and distilled water in the pot, stirring until mixture dissolves.
- Mix in Sal Suds and essential oils.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of the salt water solution. The mixture will turn cloudy and thicken. Add another tbsp if you like it thicker (mixture will also thicken over time).
- Pour the mixture into a soap dispenser and use as you would any other dishwashing soap. If mixture is too thick, simply add water to achieve desired consistency.