Learn how to make a vegetarian version of this famous Thai noodles dish.
Prep & Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 250 g dehydrated Asian noodles of choice
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup Thai red curry paste (or to taste)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Optional: 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 300 g firm tofu, sliced into thin rectangles
- ½ head broccoli, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced lengthways
- ½ carrot, sliced into sticks
- 1–2 tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed peanuts
- Prepare noodles according to instructions on the packet. Set aside.
- Mix satay sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frypan on the stove then add tofu. Fry on both sides until brown. Set aside.
- Add vegetables to fry pan with soy sauce and stir fry for
2 minutes (or if you prefer, serve them raw).
- Place noodles in a bowl, add 2–3 tofu steaks, vegetables, satay sauce and toppings.
- Mix through and enjoy.