Here's how to make solid perfume with beeswax. Portable and better for the environment, the scent in this solid perfume bar will intensify as it matures and will keep for 12 months.
- 1 tbsp carrier oil (such as sweet almond oil or jojoba oil)
- 2 tsp beeswax pellets or soy wax
- 35–40 drops essential oil in your favourite scent
- Mix carrier oil and beeswax in a glass bowl and double boil until beeswax is completely melted.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the heat source and stir the liquid.
- Pour into a storage container that has a lid.
- After a couple of minutes, add essential oil and gently stir.
- Cover the container, allowing mixture to solidify. To use, rub a clean finger across the top of the solid perfume and apply to wrists, repeating as needed.