Hot with just that little bit of spice, this is a perfect winter warmer.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 6 spring onions or 1 medium onion
- 1 kg Kent pumpkin, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp coriander seeds ground
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tsp chilli (flaked, powder or fresh)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Optional: 1 tbsp honey
- Add all ingredients to a large, heavy saucepan and cook for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Puree with a stick blender, or in a blender or food processor (allow soup to cool a little if using a blender or food processor).
- Serve with chopped parsley, yoghurt, sour cream or cheese.