Cooking healthy can sometimes be a struggle. But this quiche is quick and simple for mums and dads to make, and a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen too!
Prep & Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
¹/³ cup olive oil
¹/³ cup water
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 kg firm tofu
- 250 g frozen chopped spinach
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- ¹/³ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ cup shallots, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (fan-forced).
- Process crust ingredients in a food processor (with the plastic blade) until mixture sticks together when pressed between fingers.
- Add crust to a round pastry dish. Using your hands, work the crust around the dish until it moulds to the side of the dish.
- Process filling ingredients in a food processor (with the metal blade) until mixture has a creamy texture. (If your food processor is too small, process all the ingredients except the tofu. Use a fork to mash the tofu and mix it into the processed mixture.)
- Pour mixture into crust and, using a spatula, spread the mixture equally around.
- Bake in oven for one hour.