A DIY toilet cleaner that's safe for the whole family.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ¼ cup citric acid
- ½ tsp vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hydrogen peroxide
- 15–20 drops lavender, lemon, rosemary or peppermint essential oil
- Add baking soda to a mixing bowl and use a fork or whisk to break up any clumps.
- Stir in citric acid. Set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, mix vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.
- Slowly and drop by drop, add the mixture to the baking soda.
- Gently mix in essential oil.
- Scoop the mixture into silicon moulds, pressing in gently with your fingers. Don’t fill them completely as they will expand. Allow to dry for at least six hours or overnight.
- To use, drop one bomb into the toilet, wait for the fizzing to stop, flush and you’re done!