A vegetarian version of a Vietnamese favourite.
Prep & Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 litre hot water
- 6 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- 1 large carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 small cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 packet bean sprouts
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch shallots
- 300 g tofu, cut into strips (or try our marinated tofu recipe)
- Pour hot water into a large bowl.
- Working one sheet at a time, carefully submerge rice paper in hot water for about 5–10 seconds or until it starts to soften. (You don’t have to submerge the entire rice paper at once. Simply rotate and submerge each section for a few seconds.)
- In the middle of the softened rice paper, place a small bed (lengthways) of carrot, cucumber, avocado, coriander, bean sprouts, mint and shallots. Lay the tofu on the edge of the ingredients.
- Fold the bottom part of the sheet halfway up, followed by the left and right edges into the centre and then roll up to enclose ingredients.
- Serve with our easy satay sauce.